SATO Returns Policy
Effective January 2nd, 2020
Returns for Credit:
- All Credit returns require a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Number. Requests must be made within 30 days of purchase from SATO America. Contact our Customer Service Department at 704-644-1650 to have one issued before sending any equipment/product otherwise it may be subject to being refused.
- Credit will only be issued to the original purchaser.
- A minimum 20% restocking fee applies to all returns.
- All returned items must be new/unused and returned in the original packaging, both inside contents and outside carton. Returns must be complete with all manuals, cables, warranty cards, static bags, etc. just as it was received.
Note: All Parts purchased/installed for repair/troubleshooting purposes are not considered new and unused and cannot be returned for credit.
Print Engines installed/bolted into an applicator chassis are not considered new and unused and cannot be returned for credit.
- Custom Media, Firmware, Manuals or Opened/Activated Software cannot be returned for credit.
- Products must be shipped back to SATO America freight prepaid. The customer is responsible for all freight charges, taxes, duties, brokerage fees or other customs related charges. No credit will be issued for these charges.
- Returns not meeting the above terms & conditions will be rejected by SATO America and either returned to the sender or disposed of at the sender's written direction.
- Items returned to SATO America due to a refused delivery by the customer will be subject to a 20% restocking fee. The customer will be responsible for all inbound and outbound freight charges incurred for shipment.
Warranty Repair / Returns
- All Warranty repair/returns sent to SATO America require a Service Request Number (SRN). Contact SATO America Technical Support at 704-644-1660 to have them issue one before sending equipment in for repair.
- All Printer and Print Heads returned for evaluation must include a proof of purchase, printed label samples illustrating the problem, along with current print head mileage record.
Note: Sub-assemblies, Parts, Electronic Assemblies, and Print Heads returned for Warranty evaluation must include the Printer Serial Number they were removed.
- Items returned under warranty and found to be problem-free are subject to a No Problem Found fee of $100.00.
- SATO America will repair or replace non-working items under Warranty as per the SATO Warranty statement.
- SATO America will notify you of any warranty rejection. Any rejected item, based on the customer's written request, will either be returned or disposed of.
- If a replacement item is purchased prior to the completion of the warranty evaluation, a credit may be issued if the item returned is found defective and covered under the warranty statement.
- Warranty repair/return status can be obtained by e-mailing [email protected] or by calling 704-644-1650 x1262.
- Products must be shipped back to SATO America freight pre-paid. The customer is responsible for all freight charges, duties, taxes, broker fees or any other customs related charges. Items replaced or repaired under the SATO warranty will be returned freight pre-paid to you.
- All items sent to SATO America for repair require a Service Request Number (SRN). Contact SATO America Technical Support at 704-644-1660 to have them issue you one before sending the equipment in for repair.
- All returns should be in the original packaging with an outer box and sufficient packaging material suitable for shipping and to prevent any damage during transit.
- A non-refundable $100.00 Estimate Fee is charged for all repairs. A quote will be provided for approval before repairs are made. The $100.00 fee will be applied against the total labor charges if the repair is authorized and completed.
- If you do not have a current open terms account with SATO America, the customer must provide a valid credit card number for the estimate fee and any repair charges.
- Non-Warranty Repair status can be obtained by e-mailing [email protected] or by calling 704-644-1650 x1262.
- Products must be shipped to SATO America freight pre-paid. The customer is responsible for the freight charges, duties, taxes, broker fees or any other customs related charges for inbound & outbound shipment.