SATO Returns Policy
Effective January 1st, 2007
Returns for Credit:
- All Credit Returns require an RMA number. Requests must be made within 30 days of purchase from SATO contact Customer Service at 704-644-1650
- Credit will only be issued to the original purchaser.
- A minimum 20% Restocking Fee applies to all Returns.
- All returned items must be new and un-used and returned in the original packaging, both inside & outside. Returns must be complete with all manuals, cables, warranty cards, static bags, etc. just as you received them. Note: Parts installed for repair troubleshooting purposes are not considered new and unused and can not be returned for credit. Print Engines bolted into an applicator chassis are not considered new and unused and can not be returned for credit.
- Custom Media, Firmware, Manuals & Opened Software cannot be returned for credit.
- Products must be shipped back to SATO freight prepaid. You are responsible for all freight charges, taxes, duties, brokerage fees or other customs related charges. No credit will be issued for these charges.
- Returns not meeting the above terms & conditions will be rejected by SATO America and either returned to sender or disposed of at the sender's written direction.
- Items returned to SATO due to a refused delivery by the customer will be subject to a 20% restocking fee. You will be responsible for all inbound and outbound freight charges incurred.
Warranty Repair / Returns
- All Warranty Returns require an RMA number. Contact Technical Support at 704-644-1660
- All Printer and Print Heads returned for evaluation must include a proof of purchase, printed label samples illustrating the problem, along with a print mileage record. Note: Sub-assemblies, Parts, Electronic Assemblies, and Print Heads returned for Warranty consideration must include the Printer Serial Number they were removed from.
- Items returned under warranty and found to be problem free are subject to a No Problem Found Fee of $100.00.
- SATO will repair or replace non-working items under Warranty as per the SATO Warranty.
- SATO will notify you of any warranty rejection. Any rejected item, based on the customer's written request, will either be returned or disposed of.
- If a replacement item is purchased prior to the completion of the warranty evaluation, a credit may be issued if the item returned is found defective and covered under the warranty.
- Warranty repair / return status can be obtained by e-mailing [email protected] or by calling 704-644-1650 x1262.
- Products must be shipped back to SATO freight pre-paid. You are responsible for all freight charges, duties, taxes, broker fees or any other customs related charges. Items replaced or repaired under the SATO warranty will be returned freight pre-paid to you.
- All items returned for repair require an RMA number. Contact Technical Support at 704-644-1660.
- All returns should be in the original packaging with an outer box and sufficient packaging material to prevent any shipping damage.
- A non-refundable $100.00 Estimate Fee is charged for all repairs. A quote will be provided for approval, before repairs are made. The $100.00 fee will be applied against the total labor charges, if the repair is authorized and completed.
- If you do not have a current open terms account with SATO America, you must provide a valid credit card number for the estimate fee and any repair charges.
- Non-Warranty Repair status can be obtained by e-mailing [email protected] or by calling 704-644-1650 x1262.
- Products must be shipped to SATO freight pre-paid. You are responsible for the freight charges, duties, taxes, broker fees or any other customs related charges for inbound & outbound shipment.
Refurbished Main Logic Board Exchange Program
- Main Logic boards can be exchanged under our repair exchange program.
- Contact SATO customer service for an RMA number at 704-644-1650.
- The price of a refurbished board is 1/2 the price of a new board.
- Logic boards being returned must be in repairable condition.
- If advanced replacement is requested, a valid purchase order for the full price of a new logic board is required. Upon evaluation of the board being returned, a 1/2 credit will be issued against the advanced shipment invoice.
- You are responsible for inbound and outbound freight charges. No credit will be issued for freight charges.
- The item numbers of the boards being exchanged must be the same.