SATO Global Warranty Program
SATO warrants that when purchased from SATO or through an authorized SATO distributor or reseller; this printer, its components, and accessories are in good working order and free from defects in workmanship and materials.
For SATO's LP 100R Laser Printer Warranty Program, please click here.
For SATO's TEC/TXP Printer Warranty Program, please click here.
- The warranty period for SATO Printers (excluding the printhead, platen roller, and cutter assembly) is one (1) year from the purchase date. Warranties applicable to products commence on the date as stated on the sales invoice provided by the reseller. Commencement dates of warranties applicable to other sovereignties may be found in their relative literature.
- The warranty period for Argox Printer models is two (2) years from the purchase date for the printer only. Wear and tear consumable parts (printhead, platen roller, and cutter assembly) offer identical warranty provisions as stated below.
- The warranty period for SATO Spare Parts (excluding print heads, platen rollers, and cutter assemblies) is one (1) year from the date of purchase.
- The warranty period for SATO Print heads, and Platen Rollers is:
- Thermal Transfer Applications: one (1) year or 30km (1,200,000 linear print inches), whichever comes first.
- Direct Thermal Applications: one (1) year or 15km (600,000 linear print inches), whichever occurs first.
- The warranty period for SATO Cutters is one (1) year from the date of purchase or the following number of cuts:
- SATO Standard Guillotine Cutter: 1 year or 300,000 cuts, whichever comes first.
- SATO Heavy Duty Rotary (HD) Cutter: 1 year or 500,000 cuts, whichever comes first.
- SATO TG3 Series Integrated Cutter: 1 year or 1,000,000 cuts, whichever comes first.
- The warranty period for SATO Rechargeable Batteries is 90 days from date of purchase.
- In the case of repairs, parts replacements or some other services are requested under the warranties provided herein within the warranty period, the additional warranty period of 90 days for the repaired or replaced parts is to be given from the date of such repairs or replacements.
- Printer modification, improper use, or maintenance by unauthorized and/or non-certified service companies will void printer warranty. Improper use includes, but is not limited to, the use of consumables or any thermal carbon ribbon which are not manufactured or authorized by SATO. Physical damage to the printhead, platen roller, or cutter other in addition to that specified above will also void the warranty.
- Warranty service may be obtained by returning the printer to any one of the SATO Global Network Companies as listed below. The owner must prepay all shipping charges to the address of one of those listed companies and assume all risk of loss or damage during transit. Proof of purchase verifying the purchase date, or the original warranty registration, must be included with the printer.
- The owner will be notified prior to any chargeable repair activity should the warranty be voided.
- The warranties provided herein commonly covers and are applicable to the products sold through the global SATO sales networks or channels excluding those sold in Japan. The services under this common warranty, unlike local warranties to be given separately by each SATO group company, are to be provided by any SATO group companies, regardless of the place of purchase.
- The foregoing warranties are the only warranties provided by SATO in connection with the products covered. All other warranties, whether expressed or implied, are not valid; including without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular application.
- SATO shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages, loss, or expense arising from printer use or failure to operate. And in no event shall SATO be liable for any damages exceeding the printer purchase price.
Click Here to register your printer with SATO.
If your printer is installed outside of North America and South America, please register your printer with the SATO office responsible for your country. See below for a list of the SATO Group Network.
If your printer is not registered with SATO, you may be required to present proof of purchase to obtain warranty service.
Click here to find a location close to you for more details on processing warranty claims.