The SATO S84ex/86ex print engine models utilize printer settings specified by the data stream commands by default but can be ignored when INTERNAL is selected in the Priority Settings in the menu.
The system commands which can be assigned priority are as follows:
Print Darkness <#E>, Print Darkness <#F>, Print Speed <CS>, Print Offset <A3>, Print Mode <PM>, Print Method <PH>
Steps to change printer settings via Priority Setting:
- With S84-ex/S86-ex OFFLINE, press [ENTER] button to access menu – use directional keys to select SERVICE MODE and press [ENTER] button and then select SETTING from menu and press [ENTER] button.
- Scroll through the menu options by pressing [ENTER] and advance to PRIORITY SETTING option
- Once at the PRIORITY SETTING option, use the directional arrows to select either and press [ENTER]:
- COMMAND: Certain system commands that have been sent to the printer have the priority to overwrite the printer configuration set by the LCD operator panel.
- INTERNAL: The above mentioned printer configuration set by the LCD operator panel will not be replaced by the sent commands specified in data stream.
- Press the [FUNCTION] button to exit – if changed, you will need to cycle power off/on