SATO America is looking for a Food Safety Business Development/Sales Manager to drive our expanding Food Safety business. In this role, you are responsible to promote & sell our world-class food safety printing and RFID solutions and serve as the point person to effectively develop and deepen our customer relationships.
This position will be tasked with championing prospect development and acquisition of new clients both individually and through collaboration with sales colleagues & channel partners. The successful candidate will maintain and develop sound business relationships with clients, channel partners and internal teams to ensure effective sales & marketing management processes are in place to meet service delivery and profitability targets.
- The business development manager will be responsible for current accounts as well as driving new business through direct efforts, sales colleagues and channel partners.
- Demonstrate an exceptional understanding of the food safety marketplace and fundamental market development, selling and negotiation/closing skills.
- Develop and implement sales and marketing strategy for securing market share, sales, and profit.
- Set short and long-term direction for the sales engagement process.
- Develop sales of solution to Supply Chain Management for the food safety industry, with a focus on quick service restaurants, food delivery services, and food production/manufacturing.
- Collaborate with the Global Food Safety team, Regional Business Development Managers and Channel Account Managers that will drive the total SATO product line
- Effectively interfacing within all departments of SATO as well as external customers.
- Be a self-starter who can manage sales goals through prospecting, lead qualification, forecasting, resource allocation, account strategy, and planning.
- Identify new opportunities and share those leads with cross-functional teams.
- Lead sales calls, customer meetings and events with target customers.
- Develop customer relationships and provide data and insights on customer requirements, strategies, and business opportunities
- Consult with department heads to plan services and to secure information on equipment and customer specifications
- Develop customer-specific solutions, proof of concept demo equipment, and in-depth/in-house engineer expertise.
- Prepare quotations to customers and negotiate and finalize contracts.
- Collaborate with Sales, Product and Project Managers to ensure seamless customer experience.
- 2+ years of proven food safety sales experience preferably gained through selling products & solutions into the food industry coupled with business development experience (both direct and through partners) including cultivating opportunities, qualifying opportunities, scoping work efforts, closing on sales and finalizing contracts.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Business planning experience; including formulating sales and marketing strategies.
- Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
- Experience in developing product and solution offerings.
- Ability to manage a sales process, including negotiating sales opportunities to closure, through a deep understanding of a prospective customer buying process.
- Drive the process and be accountable for achieving goals.
- Understanding of sales principles and customer service practices.
- Customer Centric Focus.
- Knowledge of data collection, mobile computer, bar code scanners, and RFID a plus.
- Working experience with RFID a plus.
- Ability to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service.
- Ability to work effectively independently.
- Ability to travel