At SATO America, LLC our mission is to create new value for our customers through products and services of superior quality and to contribute towards a better and more sustainable world. In over 80 years, SATO has fostered a culture of professionalism and customer-centric innovation with an unchanging mission of value creation for customers that, in turn, contributes to a more sustainable world. Do you have what it takes to be our customer’s most trusted partner for mutual growth, and always essential in an ever-changing world? If so, look no further. We have a place for you.
SHIFT: 3rd shift hours are from 10:00 pm to 6:30 am.
Regular pay with a $1/hour shift differential for the 3rd shift
POSITION SUMMARY: Loads, unloads, and moves materials within the plant or work site by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Read the pick list and follow instructions to ascertain materials to specific equipment Load and unload materials onto or from pallets, racks, and/or shelves by hand or with a lift truck. Load materials/pallets into vehicles to prevent shifting or damage in transit
• Convey materials from storage or work sites to designated area
• Locate materials and supplies for printing presses and deliver them to appropriate press areas
• Attach identifying tags or labels to materials or mark information on cases or other containers
• Create accurate transfers for all materials moved to and from equipment by following designated procedures. This includes banding and shrink wrapping of products and staging for finished goods.
• Maintain accurate WIP inventory
• Operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products
• Maintain daily log on all materials moved
• Complete all required paperwork in an accurate and legible manner
• Perform duties following all safety procedures and requirements
• Assist in transportation of waste from printing presses to recycling trailers and or compactors by manual manipulation or use of fork truck based on the situation
• Maintain warehouse organization and housekeeping and perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education And/Or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess or successfully complete training to obtain certification to operate a forklift.
Other Skills And Abilities: The ability to easily communicate verbally and hear is important as well the ability to focus on objects and have good vision. Basic math skills and attention to detail are a must.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
At a minimum, the individual must be able to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift, push, pull and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Contact with moving mechanical systems is the norm
Exposure to non-hazardous fumes may occur
The noise level may be loud, and hearing protection may be recommended or required.
Eye protection may be recommended or required.
Contact with certain chemicals may occur; these chemicals include both hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals.
SATO America LLC offers a highly competitive salary in addition to an outstanding, market-leading benefits program. SATO’s total compensation package extends well beyond your paycheck as it's designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life. See our benefit line-up below:
- Health & Wellness: medical, vision, and dental insurance to include coverage for domestic partners. SATO contributes approximately 75% to the cost of employees’ health insurance coverage along with 100% company paid Life & AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and a pre-tax Health Savings Account with an employer contribution of $500.00 or $1,000.00 depending on elected medical coverage.
- Time Away: We observe 10 company-paid holidays per year and up to ten (10) days of accrued vacation time in the first year. Eleven (11) days at year two (2). Twelve (12) days at year three (3). Thirteen (13) days at year four (4) and fifteen (15) days at year five (5). We also offer six (6) accrued personal days for you to use for things like weddings, moving, mental health, religious holiday, sick child or for anything that is truly personal.
- Saving for the Future: plan for your short-term and long-term goals with our 401(k)-retirement savings plan with employer match with no vesting schedule. You are fully vested on the first of the month following 30 days of employment. SATO will match 100%/dollar-for-dollar of your 401(k)-deferral amount of the first 3% of your pay and an additional match of 50%/$.50 on the next 2% of your pay. For example, if you defer 5% of your pay into the 401(k) Plan, SATO will make a 4% matching contribution.
- Work-Life: we offer an Employee Assistance Program for employees and eligible family members, career development, growth opportunities, and referral bonuses.
SATO America LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. If you are excited about this role but do not meet all the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. We are focused on creating and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. SATO America LLC's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.