The leading global provider of Auto-ID solutions that connect people, goods, and information has an exciting opportunity available for a Media Product Manager in Charlotte, NC.
- Overall champion, evangelist, and owner of assigned product lines and their lifecycle.
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Develop value propositions and use case scenarios that can be evangelized with sales, external partners, and end-users.
- Identify opportunities and markets that build a product vision, roadmap, and strategy.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, external partners, and engineering to execute product line strategy.
- Lead internal launch process and drive product launch activities.
- Participate in user conferences and customer-facing situations as a product expert.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Create collateral and documentation that support the product lines as well as corresponding presentations, case studies, and white papers.
- Analyze and monitor product line financials ensuring they align with corporate objectives.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Broaden product portfolio by promoting and developing partner relationships.
- Provide product and solution advice and guidance in relevant meetings and activities.
- Develop or assist with the development of SATO systems intended to provide product information to internal and external teams.
- Manage customer value programs (i.e. stock media program, inventory programs, etc.)
- Drive efforts to establish technical media evaluation processes, including test equipment identification, development of test procedures, and sharing of testing outcomes.
- Provide competitive assessment findings with internal teams.
- Provide post-sale technical support.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in product management.
- B2B experience with multi-tiered channel sales model.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field; Engineering or Materials Science helpful.
- Knowledge of thermal and laser-based consumable products and their fit to end-use applications.
- Ability to diagnose customer requirements and identify the best product to meet those requirements.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills to include public speaking.
- Ability to represent products at a professional level.
- Ideal candidate will have strong organizational and time management skills with a history of results-driven project management and cross-functional team leadership.
- Ability to develop and implement product roadmap plans and launch products into market.
- Must possess strong business acumen
- Ability to manage multiple projects and shift quickly between projects and priorities.
- Travel domestically and internationally may be required up to 25%.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Working knowledge of specialty media products such as RFID, Linerless, and durable goods labeling.
- Familiarity in the Food Safety, Healthcare, Retail, and Manufacturing vertical markets.
- Experience working with label manufacturing teams.
- Experience with manufacturing ERP systems such as Oracle.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com platform.
We want you to excel in your career at SATO, which is why we offer competitive benefits that enhance your quality of life, help you invest in your future, and protect you and your family's health and welfare. These include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vison Benefits to keep you and your family healthy
- Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability Insurance provided at no cost to full-time employees
- Voluntary Life Insurance for Employee and eligible dependents
- Critical Illness - Protection against the unexpected
- Paid Absence program
- Holidays – We observe 10 paid holidays
- Spending Accounts - Contribute pretax dollars for qualified healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Services to live a balanced and happy life
- 401(k) Plan
- MDLIVE - Virtual medical care
- Health Advocate – Patient advocate to personalizes your healthcare experience