The Director, Channel Sales will play a critical role in leading our Channel Sales organization to a new level of success. In this role, you will work closely with the VP of Sales, Sales Vertical Leaders, Business Development team, and Sales Operations to design and deploy new channel growth strategies. This role requires strong business acumen, relationship building, and high-impact communication capabilities in order to partner with a variety of support resources to deliver on the company's strategic objectives.
- Sets short and long-term channel sales strategies. Recommend sales strategies for improvement and expansion based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Perform all aspects of partner development, including identification of partner segments, relationship definition, launch activities, partner competency.
- Drive vertical growth strategy and identifying which partners/programs can help us achieve rapid growth in target verticals.
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Address partner related issues, sales conflicts, and pricing issues in a timely manner.
- GTM management – account mapping, vertical & geographical coverage, field sales alignment.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing and product management to develop go to market strategies and execution plans of the strategy.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of partner programs and improves upon them.
- Perform competitive analysis to make recommendations to increase channel partner business while creatively identifying new ways to grow channel partner relationships.
- Create a culture of high-performance, entrepreneurialism, and customer focus by providing leadership that inspires problem-solving, natural curiosity, and willingness to try new tactics to grow the business while addressing end-customer needs by vertical.
- Ensure that sales expenses are within budget and utilized in the most impactful way for the business.
- Update and maintain proper reporting metrics, weekly and monthly funnel management.
- Manage and mentor a team of Channel Account Managers. Increase productivity through sales planning, a direct coaching, and training. Take appropriate action to correct performance and personnel issues when necessary.
- Strong track record of exceeding revenue targets.
- Ability to negotiate and structure partnerships.
- Exceptional Coaching and Leadership skills.
- Strategic thinker who is able to blend consulting and business strategy to develop compelling plans for new partner initiatives.
- Must be comfortable with complexity, and thinking on multiple levels of abstraction; demonstrates the use of critical thinking techniques.
- Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable working with multiple internal teams, from individual contributors to senior executives, as well as building/maintaining relationships with partners, customers, etc.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization across multiple cultures.
- Ability to critically evaluate data gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, reshape high-level information into details that are easily understood, and identify and present the underlying true needs of the customer and the business to all levels within the company.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- BS/BA in Engineering or Business.
- Minimum of 5 years leading a channel sales team or 10 years direct technology sales working with partners.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Business planning experience; including formulating channel sales and marketing strategies.
- A documented history of successfully driving partner growth strategies.
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements.
- Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
- Experience in developing product and solution offerings.
- Ability to manage a channel sales process, including negotiating sales opportunities to closure, through a deep understanding of a prospective customer buying process.
- Knowledge of barcode printers, labels, data collection, mobile computer, barcode scanners and RFID a plus.
- Highly experienced in GoogleApps and Salesforce.com.
This postion will be remote in the US or located in Charlotte, NC.Apply