At SATO America, LLC, our mission is to create new value for our customers through products and services of superior quality and to contribute towards a better and more sustainable world. In over 80 years, SATO has fostered a culture of professionalism and customer-centric innovation with an unchanging mission of value creation for customers that, in turn, contributes to a more sustainable world. Do you have what it takes to be our customer’s most trusted partner for mutual growth, and always essential in an ever-changing world? If so, look no further. We have a place for you.
Position Summary: The incumbent will support the financial and operational accounting and analysis for the company. The individual will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting, month-end close, audit preparation and monthly account reconciliations. Additionally, this person will be responsible for performing other ad hoc projects that complement the spirit of continuous improvement.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Balance Sheet analysis and reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations
- Perform monthly variance analysis.
- Prepare accruals and amortization of prepaid expenses.
- Full understanding of GASB 87 Lease Accounting
- Assist in the development and implementation of best-in-class accounting processes.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for financial and business metrics. This includes daily and weekly reporting, sales, orders, cash, and variance comparisons.
- Assist in the preparation of reports such as financial statements and budget performance.
- Create detailed analysis of processes and workflows to ensure ongoing improvement in key metrics.
- Ad hoc analysis regarding costing, capacity, profitability, headcount utilization and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- Licensed CPA required.
- Public accounting experience is highly preferred.
- 5+ years in an accounting role required.
- Strong experience and knowledge of GAAP required experience with IFRS 16 helpful.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office tools, including strong Excel skills (knowledge of pivot tables and macros preferred)
- Oracle or Microsoft Dynamics experience preferred.
- Read, analyze, and interpret accounting, regulatory, financial, and legal instructions, journals, authoritative pronouncements, reports, and documents.
- Organized with a strong sense of priority and commitment to deadlines.
- Ability to analyze financial records and interpret for others.
- Ability to communicate clearly, be detail oriented and have a high degree of self-motivation.
- Desire to take on an accounting management role in the future.
- Must maintain a high level of integrity and work ethic while working with confidential information.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Some of the Vast Rewards of Working Here:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package (Health, Vision, Dental, and more) to include coverage for domestic partners
- Up to ten (10) days of accrued vacation time in the first year. Six (6) accrued personal days and 10 company-paid holidays.
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company paid short-term disability and long-term disability
- 401 (k) with company match
- Referral bonuses
- Growth opportunities
SATO America LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. If you are excited about this role but do not meet all the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
We are focused on creating and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. SATO America LLC's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment. We participate in E-Verify as required.