The SATO S84ex/86ex print engine models have standard emulations on-board for SBPL (SATO), SZPL (Zebra), SDPL (Datamax) or SIPL (Intermec) printer languages. This procedure will allow you to update the list of Emulations for competitive printer languages to use on the S84ex/86ex print engine models:
- Power on S84ex/86ex print engine while holding [FUNCTION] button and release upon hearing the audible beep to boot into Module Loader mode.
- Once Module Setting is displayed on LCD, scroll down select DOWNLOAD using directional key and press [ENTER]button
- When Interface Select is displayed on LCD, choose the interface from list using the up/down directional key to the desired printer interface option and press [ENTER] button. Below are the list of emulations choices:
- INTERFACE - When you choose this option, the LCD will display DOWNLOAD READY and you will send the updated file using All-in-One tool (AIOT) to the specified host interface connected to the S84-ex/S86-ex print engine
- SD CARD - The SD Card* memory card with the updated file will need to be installed into the S84-ex/S86-ex print engine in order to select option otherwise it will beep when selected.
- USB MEMORY - The USB Flash Drive with the updated file will need to be installed into the S84-ex/S86-ex print engine in order to select option otherwise it will beep when selected.
- Printer will update emulation module(s) and restart automatically.
* Either the SD Card or USB Flash Drive memory will need to be formatted in the print engine in order to create folder structure for placement of updated firmware file(s). Please refer to the S84-ex/S86-ex Operator's Manual for more information.