The SATO M5900RVe has been discontinued. In many cases the CL4NX is an appropriate replacement model, but due to the print head width differences it’s not always possible. This can be used as a guide to select the proper replacement model. Replacing the SATO M5900 series tabletop printer with the SATO CL4NX printer can be accomplished under the following conditions:
Print area is 4.1” or less and:
- Media width is 5.04” (128mm) or less
- CL4NX must be configured with 203dpi print head
- CL4NX must be set to Direct Thermal Mode
Print area is 4.1” or more:
- CL4NX can be used only if the printed portion of the label is reformatted to the 4.1” width.
- CL6NX-203dpi must be used if the print width requires wider than 4.1” and the label cannot be reformatted.
The SATO CL4NX can use the existing M5900 media rolls (6”/152mm O.D.) provided it meets the criteria stated above, but it is now possible to use industry standard media roll size of 8”/203mm or even increase the roll capacity to 10”/254mm O.D., providing more labels per roll and less user intervention replenishing media supplies.