Firmware Engineer – Charlotte, NC
You will be responsible for developing new printer firmware based on Android and Linux operating systems, as well as modifying existing firmware, utilizing C, C++, C# and Java, in order to expand and enhance the functionality of SATO’s line of thermal printers.
- Development, debug and document, printer firmware.
- Analyze competitive functions, new industry barcodes, protocols, RFID and other pertinent functions as required.
- Project manage the design, coding, debugging and testing of assigned firmware enhancements and modifications.
- Perform analysis of specifications for new or enhanced product and system features.
- Create software documentation for new and updated programs.
- Interface with others within the organization to gain an understanding of the customer’s expectations and requirements to create a successful solution.
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering with experience in software development using C, C++, C#, Java, Assembler, Python, LUA (Script Language), Visual Studio (.NET) or other programming experience is a plus.
Please send replies with salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org