Applications Engineer – Virtual Office Desired Location – West
Position Summary: Incumbent will be responsible for communicating product functionality and positioning to our marketing, sales and technical teams, as well as our customers and partners; creating and delivering presentations and demonstrations as well as providing technical expertise and product support to our sales team and partners as they engage in associated sales activities with prospective customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide product specific technical support to the sales team to enable them to pursue and successfully close sales opportunities.
- Respond to detailed technical inquiries from sales personnel and potential customers.
- Team with sales personnel to explain product features, benefits and competitive advantages.
- Engage with prospects to understand their requirements.
- Design, develop and present effective, detailed, product demos and proof of concepts for prospective customers.
- Interface with sales and marketing to assist with market feedback.
- Continuously acquire and maintain current knowledge of competing products and technologies.
- Work with our technical staff to help support our day-to-day business needs.
- Continuous testing and debugging of product line, followed by detailed documentation of findings.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience, coupled with 3-5 years of Pre-Sales/Applications support is required. In addition to this, the need for excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, solid technical ability and the demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple priorities is a must. Knowledge of Windows Operating systems and basic applications software experience is required. Linux, Unix, Mac OS experience a plus. Experience with peripherals such as thermal barcode printers and their attachment to various devices and host systems using serial, parallel, USB, Bluetooth, Ethernet and 802.11b/g/n/ac is a plus. Programming experience with languages such as C++, C#, .NET and Java is a plus. Knowledge of electrical test equipment, such as Oscilloscopes and Protocol Analyzers is a plus. Knowledge of Radio Frequency devices, such as RFID technology, is a plus. Position can require extensive travel.
Please send replies with salary history to: email@example.com